8:00 - 6:00

Hours Mon. - Fri.


Call Us For Free Consultation







How to Quickly Lift a Texas Warrant

JBABB Criminal Defense Attorneys > Arrests  > How to Quickly Lift a Texas Warrant

How to Quickly Lift a Texas Warrant

How to Quickly Lift a Texas Warrant

First Steps to Deal With Your Warrant


Many people panic when they find out they have an outstanding warrant. Even if your warrant is for unpaid traffic tickets, police can arrest you at any time and any place.

Warrants are not easy to resolve or “lift.” While you may have many options for doing so, each of those options comes with pros and cons. You could easily choose the wrong option for your case and suffer the consequences.

In some cases, those consequences can end up costing you much more than the ticket itself. Thus, you should always work with a seasoned Dallas-Fort Worth criminal defense attorney if you have a warrant. An experienced attorney can learn about your case and lift your warrant quickly and cost-effectively. Review this basic information on lifting Texas warrants to increase the productivity of your meeting with your attorney.


You can lift your warrant with a number of methods.


Do Jail Time


Many people mistakenly believe doing jail time instead of paying their ticket will be the cheapest way to lift the warrant. Some people even think this is their only option if they can’t afford to pay their expensive ticket. In reality, doing jail time is the equivalent of pleading guilty to the offense. It may have the indirect result of resolving your warrant, but it doesn’t save you from the other penalties associated with the offense, and some Class C convictions have very expensive surcharges and/or suspensions associated with them.


Pay the Ticket


You can also pay your ticket to lift the warrant. But paying the ticket is also seen as a guilty plea. So, once you pay the ticket and lift the warrant, you can be subject to more penalties, including surcharges. If you fail to pay those surcharges or miss a payment, your license can be suspended.


Post a Cash Bond


Another option is to request a new court date. To do this, you may have to pay a cash bond. But this is a high-risk move. If you miss your new court date, even accidentally, you forfeit the cash bond amount and are right back to square one.


Hire an Attorney to Post a Surety Bond


The best option is to hire an attorney to post a surety bond on your behalf. This lifts the warrant and reinstates the case on the court’s docket, and you have someone knowledgeable to appear for you in court to obtain the best deal for you, which may be to have the case dismissed! Moreover, you don’t have to take time out of your busy schedule to appear in court; the attorney does that for you!!



If you have a warrant in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, JBabb – Criminal Defense Attorneys is here to help. JBabb Criminal Defense Attorneys will advise you on the best course of action. With law offices in Dallas and Denton, our attorneys provide compassionate legal services to Dallas, Collin Denton, Ellis, Rockwall and Tarrant counties. Our experienced attorneys handle a wide variety of criminal cases including DWI/DUI, assault/family violence, and other misdemeanors and felonies. Call (214) 329-9433, email clients@jbabblaw.com, or fill out our confidential online form to schedule a consultation with a Dallas-Fort Worth criminal defense attorney.